If I ever have another baby these will be the gifts I want to receive…
I’ve written about the best baby shower (and new baby) gifts so many times! For various magazines, websites and blogs. For these I have to consider the audience and often price points. So I wanted to compile my very own wish list. Of the dream products I would actually love to receive. And think others would to. This list is probably very different to one I would have written pre-motherhood when it likely would have consisted of more things like vouchers for a massage (when does any new mother get time to nip off for a massage?)! Some are luxury buys, some are little treats and some are practical buys for when baby arrives. It works as a new baby gift list too.
Just click on the pics to go straight to the product to buy. Scroll down past the pics for more info on each and why they’re a great buy below.
Now let me talk you through them – I’ll keep it brief:
- A copy of your favourite childhood book. Every guest brings along a copy of their favourite childhood book to make the beginnings of a perfect baby bookcase.
- A Bad Brownie gift box. Have you tried the salted caramel brownies?
- Baby Book. Design Letters’ is is the best I’ve seen.
- Ewan the dream sheep – I think most mothers will be aware of this little guy. My kids have both loved the Ewan comforter to sleep with each night.
- Baby blanket. You can never have to many. Boden’s is cashmere mix, super-soft (I know because I own one) and I think good value for the quality at £40.
- Cashmere bonnet – something you maybe wouldn’t spend on yourself but need and is super cute. And gender neutral though it is also available in other colours.
- Knit romper – from Zara’s dreamy new babyshower collection.
- I adore the trend for cool knitted and papier-mache animals heads adorning nursery walls.
- Suzy Snooze – a new product. It’s a nightlight, soother and monitor all in one. I love it because the nightlight lets out a soft orange glow that feels rather spa-like, not a bright white glow.
- Tweezerman baby nail set. The best baby clippers and file. Something mums-to-be may not immediately think of to buy themselves until they actually need it.
- Baby Mori sleep suit. The softest.
- Kindle Paperwhite. Before my second child I was anti-kindle. I love books. Paper books. BUT when you’re up half the night feeding it’s hard to negotiate a book and a baby in the dark. So I bought one. Game-changer. I read 3 books in a matter of weeks. Which made me feel so much better about my lack of sleep. Highly recommend.
- Wire words. From edit58. The coolest on the wall of a nursery. Or any room actually.
- Muslins. You need a lot. I love the new metallic styles from Aden + Anais.
- Mother sweatshirt. Apt but also really comfortable. And money from each sale goes to charity.
- Mother’s bath oil from Neal’s Yard. If you do get chance for a bath this is divine.
- Mother & Papa Pukka’s Parenting The Shit Out of Life book – also available on kindle…
- Spacemasks are a recent discovery of mine, a dream for tired eyes.
- The Fourth Trimester magazine. I love this. Perfect for those few early baby months when you might feel a little lonely or like nobody else knows or understands what you’re going through. It has some great reads and is a beautiful mag that you can tell is written with love.
- The Small Home slippers. You’re going to be spending a lot of time at home so they’re kind of an essential.