Or, my son’s holiday wardrobe…
This post has been on my (never-ending) to-do list for ages. To compile a round-up of the best, stylish summer buys for boys… I’m so late in actually getting it up that a few of my favourites have sold out already. Sorry. So I’ve swapped in some alternatives that work just as well and I’d quite like to purchase…
I know it’s SO much harder to find cool, non-boring clothes for boys in lovely colours, fabrics & styles. It’s probably one of the questions I’m most regularly asked, where to find nice boy stuff? So below is also a list of a few of my favourite places to shop for boys and where I go for what. Some are high street bargains. Some are a little more special (they’re mostly in the sale now anyway). But the special pieces I’ve included are worth their price. Also, my top tip for boys. Especially younger boys who regularly get filthy so need a partial change is to stick with a colour palette. Then everything can work together. Personally, as you can see in my edit below, I prefer earthy tones – ochre is my new favourite, grey, navy, dusky shades, marls and slub colours with a bit of Breton, stripes and seersucker. I’m not super strict on it. I love a fun print – like the Marmalade Sky Clementine sun suit Jesse is wearing in the pic above – there are always exceptions to the rule. But as a general theme, that’s my thing.
So. Where I shop for boys. Or my son:
- I love Bobo Choses – the prints are fun and they always get the styles and colours spot on.
- H&M‘s Conscious collection and slub basics are amazing. Such good value. Good colours. Perfect for everyday.
- Monsoon‘s boys seersucker shorts are my favourite of the summer. Better than they look in the pic. They also randomly do a great selection of boys winter coats.
- Mini Rodini for bold, cool pieces. I usually pair one piece with something simple.
- I love Caramel but usually buy it in the sale as it’s £££.
- Salt-Water Surfers are my sandal of choice for my own son.
- I always find something in Next. They have some great multi-packs of tee’s and vests in at the moment.
- Hundred Pieces and Bellerose are faves for luxury tee’s.
- I’m a big fan of Cos and Arket for boys/kids stylish basics. Arket do some great knits too.
- Tinycottons and Bobo Choses are my first stop for effortlessly cool sweatshirts.
- Smallable and Alexandalexa are my go-to for treat or designer buys.
- Mamaowl have the most beautiful, easy pieces and I love their edit of brands. As We Grow and Le Petit Germain are particularly cool.
- Boden’s slub tee’s are an essential.
- Some of my favourite smaller, independent labels to check in with regularly include: Wild Hearts Wonder, Wolfcub the Label, Marmalade Sky, Turtledove…
- Nights by Wilder pyjamas are the dream. My son wears them during the day (the shorts) too.
And my boy summer edit…
Click the pic to go straight to the product to buy.